Wednesday, December 25, 2013

November 1st Bennett's Curse


The night started with me showing up at Jayden’s home. We spent a few minutes there as we watched a video review of the haunted house we were about to endure. While he was changing into warmer clothes, I suddenly realized that I was possibly going to be terrified. I was used to going through these haunted excursions with people my age so I didn’t have to be the “strong” one. Now, it was time for me to man up and be strong for the little one.

As we are driving up to the haunted house, we end up on this windy road that led to the middle of nowhere. This was the perfect set up for a place that sole purpose was to freak you out immensely. I must say it was really neat inside. There were three stages. The first stage was in the dark and all our group of six were provided was a flashlight. While walking through it, we would be spooked by zombies and vampires. At times, Jayden would get so frightened that he would use me as a human shield and put me in between the demon and himself. Honestly, I don’t know what I even did to him, I meant I mentor him for Christ sake and he puts me in harm’s way? That’s pretty disloyal.

The next stage was when we were provided 3D glasses and they had everything lit up in black lights and clowns took over the area. It was fun, but very trippy. Highly recommended. The final stage was when they took our 3D glasses and then our group’s flashlight. We enter the next stage and it’s completely dark where we have to feel our way around to get out of there. That was an intense few minutes. We did see light at the end of the tunnel, but to play to the theme, it wasn’t a regular light, it was a strobe light. We were trapped in a prison with bars everywhere and loose mental patients screaming. It was a nightmare. We finally found our way out, only to be hunted down by men with chainsaws. Jayden was trapped and was forced to use his foot work (from football) to escape their wrath.

We were emotionally exhausted but physically hungry. We needed to grab some dinner so we utilized our available budget and went to Chic Fil-a. I ended up seeing my roommate’s son’s girlfriend there. We sat down and enjoyed a nice meal and I brought him home. It was a successful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment